We’ve all been guilty of taking the easy way out when it comes to buying Christmas presents for our mums. Yes, she loves candles and bath salts but wouldn’t it be nice to see the look on her face come Christmas morning when she doesn’t open the same present she’s been opening for the last decade?
Mums can be hard to shop for so to give you a helping hand we here at Xtras have put together our top five gift ideas. Mums do a lot for us, it’s time to make them feel special and give them something in return!
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Hand Treatment £11.99
- This classic balm has become an institution in it’s own right. It heals and protects chapped skin making it ideal for the winter months, while it can also help soothe sunburn and any mild skin irritations. The fast absorbing cream moisturizes the hands for up to eight hours, smoothing and softening weathered skin leaving hands looking fresh and youthful. Warning: May result in parental hand holding!
Decleor Hydra Floral “Fresh Flower” Moisturizing Emulsion for Face £25.99
- Give this to your mum for Christmas to use as part of her daily skincare routine and within a few weeks she’ll be looking younger than you are! The lightly fragranced moisturizing cream hydrates and protects tired out skin, plumping and leaving skin looking youthful and radiant.
Gucci ‘Rush’ EDT 30ml £34.99
- This classy oriental scent was launched by Gucci in 1999 and has since become one of the signature scents of the past decade. It’s recognisable fragrance combines middle notes of jasmine, coriander and Turkish rose with base notes of vanilla, vetiver and patchouli. This scent is the perfect gift for your mum at Christmas time, it’s everything she is; timeless, attractive and refreshing.
Essie Mirror Metallic Nail Polish in Penny Talk £3.99
- This chip resistant, award winning formula has been one of the great successes of 2012! Penny Talk is a stunning rose gold colour, which is the ‘in’ metallic shade of the minute. It’s perfect for Christmas and New Year which is the one time of year we should really embrace shimmering, metallic tones. It’s easy to apply and unlike lots of metallic nail varnishes doesn’t leave streak marks on your nails. We currently have this fantastic nail polish for only £3.99 meaning you are saving £5.96 on the RRP. Great for a stocking filler.
Calvin Klein True Beauty Collection Gift Set £7.99
- This nifty little gift set contains 1 Delicious Luxury Cream Lipstick, 1 Splendid Color Nail Enamel and 1 Tempting Glimmer Creme Eye Shadow. It’s a fantastic all-in-one treat as it contains a little bit of everything so it’s the perfect gift if you’re not entirely sure what your mum may be after.
We hope this has helped those of you out there who may have been a little stumped, the Christmas countdown’s already well under way but hopefully this has given you one less present to worry about!